The seventeenth-century altar plate, associated with Archbishop Malachy O'Queely of Tuam (c.1586-1645) had a chequered history. It is probable that it was commissioned by O'Queely, who was a native of Clare and educated in Paris. He became archbishop in 1630 and was killed in battle during the Confederate Wars in the 1640s. The plate may have been subsequently sent to the Continent for safe keeping during the troubled 1650s.It turned up in Spain in 1819. It had come into the possession of Henry Lynch, a native of Clogher House in the parish of Burriscara. He was then residing in Cadiz in Spain. By his will, drawn up in Cadiz, he left the plate to his native parish in Ireland. This photograph is by Stephen Farragher.